Thursday, May 27, 2010

Disappointment TV

Warning - possible spoilers ahead!

All across the nation this week you can hear the sound of crickets chirping in the silence. That silence is caused by millions of Americans sitting shaking their heads in disgust. Three top shows, three disappointing endings.

First, let's talk about LOST. I don't know about you, but I really, really was expecting more from that finale. I mean for the last few years skeptical people have been placing bets that the Losties were either already dead or it was just a dream all along. Well, we didn't end up that far off, did we? For six years, we devoted ourselves to this series - the mythology, the characters and the mystery. I was just hoping for a little bit of "wow" and I feel that instead I got "wah, wah waaahhhhh".

So then, that takes us to Dancing with the Stars. I've been a faithful viewer since the beginning. It's always been a fun show. But really, to put a professional dancer on the roster and then have her win. No offence to Nicole Scherzinger, but it really wasn't fun to watch her this season. This should is all about growth, starting off a novice and going pro. But, instead she dominated all season and took all the fun out of the show for me. Dancing - I gave up on you about halfway through the season...if you can't do a better job with casting, then I'll be taking you off my DVR's season pass list.

And, finally that brings us to American Idol. I can at least say that I am not an avid watcher of this show. And that's has less to do with the talent and the production and everything to do with how LAME America is. What is going through the heads of the viewing public? Why oh why do you keep preventing the RIGHT contestant from winning? You keep voting for the absolute most boring singers! Adam Lambert should have won. Crystal Bowersox should have won. Why does the candidate who most seems to be carved out of cream cheese always win? Snore! Maybe someday America will be able to see past someone who seems a little different and instead see the amazing talent they possess.

Well, summer is just about here and with it a soft television line-up. I guess I'll be turning back to Netflix for my summer entertainment.

What did you guys think?

1 comment: