Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Best of the Boob Tube

In honor of May sweeps and because there are so many interesting new shows on the air these days, I thought I would provide you with my very own top 10 best shows on television right now.  If you see shows on the list that you haven't yet watched, jump in, the water is great. I'm sure you'll be happy you did.

1) Modern Family - seriously folks, if you're not watching this show, you are missing out. My husband and I have laugh-out-loud moments in every episode.

2) LOST - only two episodes left! Get on it people!

3) Justified - a great contribution by FX. Amazingly well written, intriguing character writing, unexpected twists, and a hot leading man!

4) The Good Wife - cerebral and emotional. Great combination!

5) House - your favorite dysfunctional doctor is at it again. He's quit psychotherapy, will he go back on the sauce?

6) Glee - musicals were never this fun. Even my husband will watch it with me.

7) Big Bang Theory - if you don't love Sheldon then you should move to Mars.

8) The Middle - unexpected contender here. This quiet sitcom gets big belly laughs from us. Whether it's the perfect caricature of teenagers or their unusual little boy, this show is full of surprises.

9) Parenthood - I was skeptical about this show when it first came on, thought it might be just the movie revisited...but it's much much more. Great casting and generational dynamics!

10) Who Do You Think You Are? - If geneology interests you even a little bit, this is the show for you. Take a handful of celebrities and follow them as they trace their ancestry back. It's intriguing and gets me thinking about my own family tree.  Several of the episodes have run already, so watch them on Hulu.com.

And, since summer is coming and that usually means that TV generally stinks, I usually fall into the loving arms of Netflix to fill the great entertainment divide. If you haven't yet watched these great shows - jump into them on Netflix. In no time you'll be sucked right in.

 - The Wire

- Battlestar Gallactica

- Dexter

- The Tudors

- Mad Men

No comments:

Post a Comment