Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wednesday Wanderings...

I don't have any one complete thought in my head today...so why not string together a few random thoughts instead....

First off - Sandra Bullock, you seriously rock. What an amazing role model you are. I've always admired you along the road of your career and now so many women can admire you for your smart choices. I'm so glad you're flicking Jesse James away like unwanted lint on the shoulder of a new cashmere sweater. Tough things happen to all of us along the way, but I really believe that it's the way you handle those tough times that make or break you as a person going forward in life. Way to move forward in positivity!  Hit the Road, Jack...erm Jesse. Sandra, I wish you all the best for love and happiness with baby Louis. Now there's even more to admire about you. Brava!


Ok, now I know all of you out there have plenty of TV to watch, but I'd like to draw your attention to a new(ish) show that has totally captured the attention of my husband and I -- Justified.  Ladies, if you like  Elmore Leonard (the show's inspration), if you like a show that keeps you guessing, if you like a show that makes you think and has compelling action...I suggest you give it a try. Oh, and I can't forget to mention that the lead character Raylan Givens happens to be played by some serious eye candy, Timothy Olyphant. Here's a link to a great piece by TV Guide expounding on the top 6 reasons you should be watching Justified. With the exception of a few network shows, it's really interesting for me to note that many of my favorites are on cable channels these days. Better keep up ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX...you're losing ground.

As for real life....I've been struggling with the theme of "how to please others while pleasing yourself" lately. It's a real tough one to figure out. Whether with friends, at work, or with family...there are so many times I feel like I'm being tested. Should I do what's right for me or right for others? So often I give in and do what's right for other people, all while being frustrated because that decision isn't usually what's right for me. Is that the right decision? I don't know...I think it can make us unhappy and bitter. The real question is, how do you do what's best for yourself, your goals and future without pissing off everyone in your orbit? Now, there's a challenge!

I'm trying to focus on the positive these days. No more allowing myself to get sucked into the vortex of negativity and snarkiness (which is tough because I love to be snarky!). I'm working on giving myself a mental slap when I start. Let's all take the high ground together, no matter what...ok? Let's trust that the Universe always has our back. What you give out returns to you, right? So what do you really want to get? I really want to attract good, happy things...and abundance. So I need to adjust my attitude to reflect that. It will take time for the habit to form. Kinda like learning to take your vitamins, right?

1 comment:

  1. You are going to totally shine at this. I'll be a daily reader to be certain!

    ReplyDelete